Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

So Wesley is at the vet right now, for that I am gratefule. Wesley is the nanny family's cat who has been barfing all over the house for at least a week. He has made his mark in every room, I hope he feels better shortly- I have a phobia of barf. Yesterday I went to the cutest little town Memorial Day celebration. There's this classy town named Vienna and me and Tara went there to check it out. It was the epitome of summer. Kids laughing while eating cotton candy, good music and street vendors ALL OVER! Good thing I didn't bring cash or else I would have bought everything. After that I spent the day by the pool while conversing with 6 other nannies who are out here for the summer in my ward. I think it's funny that we spent most of the time telling stoires of the kids, or some ridiculous moments with the parent/nanny discipling techniques. Surprisingly, it was enjoyable- it was good to hear that this is not only sometimes hard and awkward for me. We THEN went to a park to play a friendly game of football. Yep, not a huge footballer; but the boys I played with persuaded me to join them- so basically that means I ran from side to side never touching the balls. Boys can be so competitive.

On Saturday my adventures led me to a town called Bethesda to watch the coolest documentary about people who dominate life and follow their dreams. I ate at 5 guys for the first time- not too impressed, and then ate THE MOST DELICIOUS cupcake from georgetown cupcakes, and then went home to spend the next 24 hours preparing a talk that I gave in church on Sunday.

Life is great: Current life lesson I am learning- the power of positive thinking. About life in general, myself, and other people. It changes perspective which then is a catalyst to almost every other facet in life. I have so much to look forward too, and and grateful for all that I am able to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment