Sunday, May 6, 2012

The journey of a million miles on a humid day.

So yesterday I awoke from the daze of having me live out here to be normal, and I was paddle boating on a lake between the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument. yep. That is the moment I realzied where I was and how blessed I am for being out here.
This week was a little rough, but hey... th kids are still alive, I am still out here and I got to enjoy a great day.
Wierd thought that came to my mind. As I follow the twin's schedule of waking them up, feeding them, play time, poopy diapers- I realized how predicable human nature is. We all eat 3 times a day, we eat a around the same hours, it amazed me how similar we all run, yet how different every person is.
 I went to the Haulocaust Musem yesterday. That was a really interesting experience. Not because what happened was inticing, but because of all I learned and realized about people's life stories. Through some of the greatest heartache, came some of the most noble and courageous acts of people who were brutally treated and killed. Going through the musem was a slightly horrifying experience, it is made to stir emotion and help the people who pass through the halls how real this was for the people who experienced it. There is a portion of the musem where there are only shoes, the shoes of not even a fraction of all the people who were murdered. I thought of my shoes, and the shoes of my friends. And then I started to cry, Those people where real, what they experienced was real. There were heroic stories and tragic stories, but I think everyone who went through that experience to be so strong.
 I thank them for their example, I will live my life to the fullest for them. I have oppurtunity and the chance to be myself, in a country that promotes individuality. I am thankful for that and God, who makes that possible.
I was a little depressed afterwards,but was we walked over to the Washington Monument there was one of the most beautiful sigthts....a Cinco de Mayo celebration. Yes, me and the two girls I was wiht stuck out like a sore thumb-but hey, good music and fun people dancing to Regge Lation music...sweet.
In case of lack of knowledge, I make the family I live with dinner every night, I would just like to report that this week went SO much better than the past 3. I am just saying, cooking is an art, and I am here to master it.
Like I mentioned at the beginning,  on Saturday, I took a paddle boat across a bay in the Potomac River and made my way over to see the Jefferson memorial. The buildings and architecture out here amaze me. I said hi to the giant Jefferson, and then paddle my way back with Tara and Megan. Paddling a boat is no fun business, it's more like a workout. That's how they make their money, people come back super early because it actually takes work. haha
At night time we all met up with some friends and ate dinner and went to the movie The Avengers. Which was a good movie, I just think I have some smallish form of ADD- I can't focus on the movie for long enough to enjoy it. I am just thinking of the million of others things I could be doing, hiking... a much better option.
Life is good, this weekend was heaven sent. Got to store it all up to last me until next weekend.
Lesson of the week: slow down, don't stress. Enjoy the moment. Stress and worry will always follow any situation in life, so I decided to put it on the back burner and say I would deal with it later... and guess what, life is so much better. Yes, there are negative things to think about and do, but there is so much more good and uplifting things that I decided not to give the negative things the room they want in my life.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment