Monday, April 16, 2012

Place of living: Great Falls, Virginia

I should probably re-title this blog to "A nanny life. is. beautiful. "
Seeing as my life now includes two waddling twin boys and a newborn that sometimes only cries when I hold him. 
Yep, I willingly agreed to fly to Washington, D.C. (by myself). Get into a car with a stranger and live their family's house. They are nice and the nanny I live with is also really nice. 
I had a break down on day two. and freak out on day four...also church day. and today it is currently day six. 
and what an improvement a little bit of sleep and having Christ by my side has made my outlook. 
Tara got here on day four! She is a wonderful human being. BTW: she is my roommate.

Thought of the day:
"wanting to be someone you are not is a waste of the person you are"

I am in love with these words. Have you ever thought of words, how 26 letters put together in different ways makes you feel so many emotions when they enter your eyes. I love living life. Sometimes it gets hard, sometimes a challenge arises. Let me tell you what, I am ahead in the race against change. When everything stays the same and life just goes from day to day...perfect. Yet, because I am so comfortable living that way, that's why Heavenly Father sees it fit that life gets crazy. 
I have lived 4 different places in the past 5 months; all coming equip with their fair share of weird weather, strange people and stressful days. The past week, here in Virginia, being the most difficult. My life went from 6 hours of studying a day, living with 5 girls and  boys to 3 boys (under the age of 14 months), a beautiful state and living in a strangers house. They have been very accommodating, it's just weird to get used to. I miss my mom, she is my best friend who knows me better than I know myself. I miss my sisters who are also my best friends. I thought on two occasions that it would make life better to go home... Yep, not doing that. I am in for the long run. 
I signed up for housing at BYU-Idaho in the fall. I changed 3 poop-y diapers today. And probably increased my ability to talk to a 2 year old by 50% (better than yesterday).
I decided that being yourself is the best option, in a world trying to change you into a generic mold they make look appealing, but if you ever achieve that in this life.... you are just like everyone else.

Someday I will marry someone who doesn't care that my hair is naturally frizzy, everyday and that sometimes I say things not one soul thinks is funny but me. yep, can't wait for that day. Until then, life is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. You're cute. I'm glad we drove on that one road together today. You know, the one with the awkward name. I like you Katie Clark. You're a good girl. :) You're gonna be a great nanny.

    ReplyDelete