Friday, April 20, 2012

My New Philosophy.

I took an educational philosophy class this past semester and was absolutely amazed at how we as humans think. Everyone has their own experiences that shape how they think about life... the coolest part about this concept is that everyone is entitled to their own opinions AND even cooler since I live in America I can express that in the way I live and who I am.

My new philosophy is this. I am in no way in control of where Heavenly Father wants me to be, yet I chose it because I believe He knows whats best for me. Life is full on the unknown, uncertainty in life is really the only thing that is certain. There will be trials, but I am here to prove that I have the necessary hope and faith to face the unknown and go after my dreams.

Being in Washington D.C. taught me this. The fact that the church is true no matter where you go taught me this. For all of those people who have no idea what's coming next, I am right there with you. Even though it would be really easy to question and doubt, the harder more glorious thing is to face each day with a smile. Today was the first day I told myself, "Self, why are you worrying so much about going home? I want to be here." yep, totally normal to talk to myself as if I am another person, but I listened. This is where I am supposed to be. I want to be here. I want to experience all these things and play with children all day. I look forward to the end of 4 months, but I wouldn't want it to be over unless I tried my hardest and got a little dirty along the way.

I will be ok. You will be ok.


The happiness I find in this life is really up to me. I decide what I look for. I love my mom, she's my best friend. I love my dad too.

Life is a journey. It doesn't matter where you are, what matters is what you do with the sphere you have influence over.

No comments:

Post a Comment