Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I decided today... I will be an optimist.

I have been on search for the past couple weeks.
The search for what I think is important in life. Still finding it, but have discovered more reccently out here than I ever have before.
 I have been given so many oppurtuities out here: my most reccent happenings include going to Ford's theatre. I decided that I admire Abraham Lincoln so much. He had so much on the line and did his best. The was a quote from W.E.B. Dubois that said something to the effect of, "he wasn't perfect but he was triumphant", I decided that would be the definition of my life. My future son will be named Abraham. I have met some pretty awesome people. I have taken up reading and have fallen in love with running and keeping my room clean. I miss my family and friends a whole lot.
Life is too short. I am commited to making every day count. The babies in my life right now are the best. I don't go a day without a small headache or some baby barf on me. I love them and the West family for giving me this oppurtunity. There is so much ahead.

I decided that today I want to be an optimist. There is so much beauty and blessings to behold. I decided to stop looking for everything that is wrong. Life is full of adventure and is only worth living if filled with people you love. I have 3 short weeks left to be out in the Distirct of Columbia. I love the history out here, I love the philosophies and the Virginian skyline. Life is too short.

When I get back to Utah I am going to hug everyone of my siblings so hard, I am going to hug the mountains and I am going to sleep outside... on the trampoline. I am excited to go back up to school and learn as much as my little brain can hold. As for the next three weeks... I am going to hug those babies, go camping at the beach and live everyday with as much wonder as I can.

Love that mom. Love that dad. Love those siblings. Love those friends. I decided to shower more often ;) and have offically an east coast girl. I am so blessed to be here with so many great people. I am very blessed.

Love those books.

Ford's Theatre.


True about everyone who has conquered.

No comments:

Post a Comment