Saturday, March 2, 2013

Do more of what makes you HAPPY.

I thought the stop I was being led to should have been one place, but the train kept on going.
I know that sounds weird, but sometimes life is not what you expect. It's not because you aren't worth it to God or that you have messed up; it's because God can see the end. He has something better in store for you.

I have paying attention to the things that make life worth living lately and here is what absolutely helps me feel God's hand in my life and I realized that life is for living. Do more of what makes you happy. My list follows...

The friend that calls at the perfect time.
My mom. She just lets me talk.
The person who invites me to go on an adventure when I otherwise would be tempted to stay in my apartment and do homework.
The 2nd and 4th graders I go and teach every other day: the fact that they are at school and around me, make my world stop. Stop for good, everything else gets lost in the joy of learning.
Sarah Martin. She left on her mission and is such a good example to me of faith. I love her.
The stars. When I have time to look up, I remember who I am.
My sisters. They know me so well, too well sometimes. The know exactly what it takes to make me laugh.
Service. The fact that I am able to stop thinking about myself for however long, makes me happy. The miracle is that some small act I do, is something that makes their life easier.
Advice from old people.

        Me: How was your day?
        Eldon: My days are always good. I love where I am. I am in a good place.

The fact that Eldon is a 85 year old man who lives in a rest home and who's family has died.... inspiring.
Spring weather. It's on it's way and I could not be more excited.
The past couple months have been months that I have gotten to know my Heavenly Father. Circumstances beyond our control are known by God. He has become my best friend.
Dirty Dishes. Give me something to think about while listening to music.
Music. It changes my mood and enlightens my thinking.
Adventures. Volleyball, Tennis, Floor Hockey, sandwiches, dinner with a stranger's parents, making cookies and only eating the dough, curly hair, racing on the track, pancakes for lunch, G's dairy ice cream, Special Needs Olympics, Taco Bell, Dumbo, drives in the snow, sledding, classes, shortcuts that take longer than normal, snowball fights, drawing with chalk, flying kites, singing off tune, finger-painting, doing things that scare me, being brave, playing the piano, eating frosted flakes, cleaning my room, memories of Washington DC, squishing with the roommates in a  car, wearing glasses, skyping the little sister, summer plans, road trips,  writing missionaries, smiling, llamas, listening, loving someone like God, sunsets, rainbows, waterfalls, electricity, people who live life with all they have, hot soup, photos in the crossroads, running farther than I thought I could, cheese, cake milkshakes, walking, skipping, cycling, camping,

All these things bring me joy. I am grateful to be alive. 



Here's the link to what why I am happy:
 http://mormon.org/me/8KJ0



1 comment:

  1. I love you! Thank you for sharing your "happy list." I needed it today. Have a happy day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete